ATTENTION: There is a vacancy on Walton City Council. Any resident who is interested in serving on City Council should submit a letter of interest to City Hall no later than June 23, 2017. Please give your name, address, contact information, qualifications, and reason for consideration. The legal requirements to serve on Council are:
- Must be a resident of the City for not less than one year prior to the date of appointment;
- Must be at least eighteen years of age;
- Must be a qualified voter in the City;
- Must take the oath of office within thirty days from the date of appointment;
- Must reside in the City throughout the term of office.